Wow! We had a fantastic time at Camp Uke this past July. Thirty-one youth attended and learned a dozen new songs which they performed at the end of the week for their loved ones. If your child is interested in continuing (or starting) ukulele lessons this fall, check out the information below:
Camp Uke Part II
Who: Students in grades 3-8
When: Tuesdays, 6pm-7pm
September 10 – December 3.
What: Ukulele lesson, snack, and possibly games
Corst: $50 for 12 lessons. That’s less than $5 each!
Ukuleles and scholarships available by conversation with the directors.
*No class November 26. Final concert TBD*
Register today online! If your child is in grade 9-12 but interested in serving as a “junior counselor” during lessons, please contact the directors to discuss this possibility.
Do you love music: playing, listening, and singing?
Do you enjoy creating art, playing games, and making new friends?
Looking for a different way to have fun this summer?
Check out Camp Uke!
Children and youth entering grades 3-8 who want to learn to play the ukulele.
Five days of day camp and a final performance. We learn a full concert’s worth of songs in a single week, make art together, play games, and may even go on a field trip! Guest instructors from the community teach us new activities like yoga. If you need a ukulele, we’ll provide it.
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (early drop off begins at 8:30 a.m.)
July 8-12, 2019
Final concert TBA
First Lutheran Church
98 Waite St
Malden, MA 02148
FLC is located on the corner of Church and Waite Streets, a half mile from Linden School and Salemwood School. Please contact us with any questions regarding transportation to and from camp.
- Camp Counselors will include public school teachers, a professional ukulele instructor, amateur players and members of the community. All have received background checks called a CORI.
- Lunch and snacks are provided. Vegetarian, kosher, and halal options are available.
- While held at First Lutheran, at Camp Uke we respect and welcome students of all religions and no religions.
- Registration is $25, payable by check (mail to 62 Church St, Malden MA 02148) or through PayPal. Scholarships available.
- Register online by June 30th. We can accept up to 40 students, so claim your spot today!
For more information call 781.324.7133 or email email@example.com.
If you’d like to check out a recap of 2018’s summer’s program, read our blog post here.