Every month all are welcome to gather for:
- Sunday School for children of all ages on the first and second Sundays during the school year. Classes begin on September 9th and 16th.
- Ukulele classes for children at 6pm and adults at 7pm every other Wednesday (see calendar for full schedule) during the school year beginning September 5th.
- Preparing, serving, and cleaning up for Bread of Life, a community meal held at First Baptist Church in Malden. Volunteers can come anytime between 3:30pm and 7pm. Meals held year round.
- “Lectionary and Lunch.” This Bible Study meets on the third Thursday of the month from 11am-1pm at the Parish House, located at 62 Church St. People of all levels of knowledge and experience gather to read the scripture passages selected for the coming Sunday worship service together, to discover what God is saying to us today through them, to eat a meal together, and to enjoy one another’s company.
- We host worship on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month at Forestdale Park Senior Living in both assisted living and memory care units at 1pm and 2pm. If you’re interested in assisting with worship and music, please contact Pastor Emily.
- September 9th is “God’s Work, Our Hands” Sunday! Sunday School begins for the year after worship at 11am. We will bless our teachers and volunteers during worship, and following the service we will do God’s Work with our hands as we go into the community to serve others with a variety of projects.
- September 16th marks the return of adult education for the year. We will begin a series on Paul’s letter to the church in Rome, or Romans. This letter is at the center of Lutheran Christian theology but can be difficult to read alone. Come read alongside us during this six week series to find out more. Come for one Sunday or all six – perfect attendance is not necessary to learn about scripture together.
- October 14th we will hold a special pre-worship breakfast at the church. Our “Forward Leadership and Action Teams” will be presenting on what we’ve learned about our community, our priorities, and where we are headed. Bring a dish to pass and get ready to hear their exciting news!
- October 27th is our Anniversary Dinner! We are celebrating 125 years with a catered meal at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Woburn, MA. Join us from 4-7pm on this joyful occasion.
- October 28th, Reformation Sunday, Bishop James Hazelwood will join us for worship as we commemorate 125 years. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear him preach and to celebrate our past as we look forward to our future.