Every month all are welcome to gather for:
- Sunday School for children of all ages on the first and second Sundays during the school year,
- Ukulele classes for children at 6pm and adults at 7pm every other Wednesday (see calendar for full schedule) during the school year,
- Our Hands Knitting, a group who knits and crochets for a cause every third Monday at John Brewer’s Tavern at 7pm from September to June,
- Preparing, serving, and cleaning up for Bread of Life, a community meal held at First Baptist Church in Malden. Volunteers can come anytime between 3:30pm and 7pm. Meals held year round.
- We host worship on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month at Forestdale Park Senior Living in both units at 1pm and 2pm. If you’re interested in assisting with worship and music, please contact Pastor Emily.
- June 3rd we welcome Taj Smith from Freedom for All Massachusetts as our guest preacher. Taj and other staff and volunteers from Freedom for All Massachusetts will tell us about the campaign to protect transgender rights in Massachusetts and help us learn how to support this important ministry.
- June 10th seminarian Steve Rizzo joins us to preach the Good News! We are privileged to support the education of our church leaders in this way.
- June 12th at 7pm, music director Yun Lee will give a concert with a local cellist and brass quintet at the Malden Public Library.
- June 23rd is bowling! As part of our 125th Anniversary Celebration, we are going bowling at the Metrodome in Peabody at 3pm. Come along, bowl a frame, and maybe even win a trophy!
- June 24th we will hold a special worship service in which we will talk about “why:”
- Why are we at First Lutheran Church?
- Why are we Christian?
- Why do we participate in ministry
By answering this questions we will continue on our path toward a new mission and vision for this congregation as we minister with our whole community.
- June 24th at 3pm we are participating in the Refugee Immigration Ministry Walk for Refugees at the Gazebo at Lake Quannapowitt (Lower Common, 1 Church Street, Wakefield, MA).
- July 23rd – July 27th from 9am to noon we host Camp Uke for 3rd-6th graders. Students learn to play the ukulele, make crafts, play games, and have fun. The week ends with a concert on July 28th.
- July 29th we will have a Uke-arist – a worship service entirely based around ukulele music!