Every month all are welcome to gather for:
- Sunday School for children of all ages on the first and second Sundays during the school year. Classes begin on September 9th and 16th.
- Ukulele classes for children at 6pm and adults at 7pm every other Wednesday (see calendar for full schedule) during the school year beginning September 5th.
- Preparing, serving, and cleaning up for Bread of Life, a community meal held at First Baptist Church in Malden. Volunteers can come anytime between 3:30pm and 7pm. Meals held year round.
- “Lectionary and Lunch.” This Bible Study meets on the third Thursday of the month from 11am-1pm at the Parish House, located at 62 Church St. People of all levels of knowledge and experience gather to read the scripture passages selected for the coming Sunday worship service together, to discover what God is saying to us today through them, to eat a meal together, and to enjoy one another’s company.
- We host worship on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month at Forestdale Park Senior Living in both assisted living and memory care units at 1pm and 2pm. If you’re interested in assisting with worship and music, please contact Pastor Emily.
- December 2nd is Commitment Sunday. In November we spent three weeks discussing stewardship: receiving $10 gifts to do something good, sharing what we did, and praying over our financial contributions here at First Lutheran Church. On December 2nd, we invite everyone to return their pledge cards, making a record of their intended contributions for 2019.
- December 2nd we will also hold Hope for the Holidays, a gathering to make cards for children and families in detention. All are welcome to join us after worship and send messages of hope.
- December 8th from 3-5pm is our Christmas Traditions gathering! Sign up to share a talent or a Christmas tradition and enjoy Christmas food, fellowship, and carols together.
- December 12th at Forestdale Park Senior Living, at 6pm, is our winter concert for our ukulele students! Our youth have worked hard to learn their new music and share with the seniors there.
- December 5th, 12th, and 19th we are sharing with Good Shepherd United Methodist Church in their midweek Advent services. On the 5th and 19th we will be at First Lutheran at 7pm; on the 12th we gather at Good Shepherd at 7pm at the corner of Webster and Salem St.
- Join us for Christmas Eve worship at 4:30pm for a family-friendly service involving lots of movement, battery-operated candles, and singing! Later, at 10:30pm, come for a service of light and darkness filled with your favorite carols.
- On Christmas Day, join us at 9:45am for a choose your own adventure style service with Holy Communion! All of our music will be chosen by participants to reflect our favorite Christmas carols.
The church office will be closed from December 24th-January 1st. Staff returns on Wednesday, January 2nd.