Welcome to First Lutheran Church
Join us for worship on Sundays at 9:45am.
It can be hard to know if you belong somewhere. You might wonder if you have to be perfect and have it all figured out in order to set foot in a church. The good news is, you do belong. You do not need to be perfect. You do not need to have it all figured out. You are a beloved child of God, and you are welcome here.
We invite you to journey together with us in a life of faith in God in Christ.
Join us as we commemorate Holy Week together. Beginning with Palm Sunday on March 25th at 9:45am, we will remember the story of Jesus’ passion: his entry into Jerusalem hailed with palm branches, his final meal with his friends, his death on the cross, and finally his resurrection from the dead on Easter Sunday. Services will be on …
- Palm Sunday, 3/25, 9:45am: Worship with palm branches
- Maundy Thursday, 3/29, 7pm: Holy Communion and Stripping of the Altar
- Good Friday, 3/30, 7pm: Service of Light and Darkness
- Easter Vigil, 3/31, 6:30pm: Shared worship at First Lutheran Church in Lynn
- Easter Day, 4/1, 9:45am: Joyful worship with holy communion at 9:45am
We are a Reconciling in Christ congregation, meaning we specifically welcome people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Read our statement of welcome here, and learn more about the RIC program here.
We are part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, or ELCA which states, “Our values are grounded in faith, in our biblical and Lutheran confessional sources and our love of God and neighbor.” Most importantly, we believe in God’s extravagant grace for all people.