We worship on Sunday mornings at 9:45am on Zoom.
In this time of uncertainty and confusion around COVID-19, our congregation is responding thoughtfully and prayerfully. As followers of Jesus, we are called to show mercy and care for the most vulnerable members of our communities. The best way for us to do this right now is to limit our physical contact so we do not contribute to the spread of coronavirus to our elders and those who are immunocompromised. We will continue to monitor the situation and let you know when we’ll gather in person again.
To join virtually every Sunday at 9:45am:
Join by smartphone or computer, visit https://zoom.us/j/473664069
Meeting ID: 473 664 069 Password: 323490
Or call in from your phone
+1 646 558 8656 US (East Coast)
Meeting ID: 473 664 069
When it is safe to do so, we’ll be back in the Sanctuary on Sundays.
When we’re together in person, you can expect:
- To be warmly greeted at the door and given a printed bulletin,
- To find the liturgy (order of service) printed in the bulletin and hymns in the cranberry colored hymnal,
- People dressed both casually and in their Sunday best,
- Morning people arriving early and night owls with coffee,
- The joyful noises and activity of children,
- Spirited singing and worshipful music,
- Wine and grape juice in a common cup and individual glasses, as well as gluten and gluten-free bread at the communion table,
- To be invited to participate as you wish: take communion for the first time or the four thousandth time, remain seated if standing is difficult, pray and sing as you are led, ask questions of your neighbors if you have them!
Children of all ages and volumes are welcome in worship, as we believe children learn by seeing, hearing, and participating as they are able in the service. No formal childcare is available; however, there is a nursery and changing table downstairs in the vestry (fellowship hall) if you wish to spend some time there with your child.
Following worship, coffee and refreshments are available in the sanctuary. Many choose to eat, drink, and visit; others attend Sunday School and Adult Education; still others choose to leave quickly to go home or to other activities. Participate as you choose.
The sanctuary is reached by going up several stairs with a handrail. Unfortunately, our building currently has no ramp, chair lift, or elevator. While scripture and sermons are projected with a microphone, at this time we have no assistive hearing devices. Please contact the office if you have questions about accessibility.
Lutherans often talk about “liturgy” when talking about worship services. “Liturgy” literally means “work of the people!” All of our participation in praying, praising, listening, learning, singing, and sharing makes worship happen each week.
We are always happy to help you find a particular role in Sunday worship. If you’d like to find out more about reading, greeting, ushering, lighting candles as an acolyte, setting up and cleaning up with altar guild, bringing treats for coffee hour, or serving as a worship assistant, please let Pastor Emily or Annette know.