On Sunday, January 28th, 2018 we met as a congregation to celebrate what God has done through our church in 2017 and to make plans for the coming year.
Some highlights from the past year included:
- Saying farewell to our interim pastor, Rev. Dave Dalzell
- Calling and ordaining a new pastor, Rev. Emily Hamilton
- Restoring our Steinway Piano
- Beginning new relationships with Salemwood School and the Malden Girl Scouts
- Joining the Malden Chamber of Congress
- Hosting concerts, including
- Ukulele performances from our children’s class
- Brass Quintet
- Restoration Celebration ft. Shizue Sano
- Beginning an Outreach Team and Sunshine (care and visitation) Ministry
- Ongoing dedication to serving the hungry with Bread of Life and Operation Turkey Sandwich, clothing the cold with Our Hands Knitting, welcoming all people with Refugee Immigration Ministry and sharing space with various groups, learning about Jesus with Sunday School and Adult Education
- Mourning members and friends of the congregation, including Helen Lundstrom, Bob and Helen Nelson, and Lou Rossi, Sr.
We thanked our outgoing council members Surf Sprague, Beverly Morando, Morgan Kruegler, and Donna Kerry, and welcomed our new and continuing leaders, Christine O’Connell, Joan Rossi, Yun Lee, Peter Brown, and Karin Round, George Brickley, Maria Sundquist, Janet Lundstrom, and Eric Albright.
We also approved the new year’s budget, including funds to replace the lead pipes in one of our buildings, paint and repair the church steeple, and replace the front stairs on one of our buildings, and almost 10% of the budget to be sent directly to fund ministries outside of the walls of our building.
We give thanks and praise to God for all that God has given us, and all that God has called us to do in this world. Alleluia!
To read the full annual report, visit Annual Report – 2018 – Electronic Copy. Final edits to this document are forthcoming.